Just when it seems as though we had 2012 in control, it quickly went out the door and around came twenty thirteen.
2012 was great for us. We kicked it off shooting a wedding and some corporate events and ended the year moving out of our studio space of seven years. Amidst all of that, we locked in some mileage and traveled abroad, ate delicious foods and met great people. [We promise to share some of our photos with you soon.]
That brings us back to 2013. While sitting around one day, we started discussing goals for 2013. We both agreed that in the past seven years, it seemed as though we’ve been working extra hard double-time, and sometimes forgetting to step back and enjoy all the things that we’ve accomplished.
In 2013, we’re keeping it simple. We will step-back every so often and just look around. Breathe in the air and enjoy the moment — BE IN THE MOMENT. And on the side, we’d like to continue giving back to our community by providing some pro bono services and donating photo packages to more groups and organizations.
On a more personal level,
- carve out more personal time;
- spend more time with family and friends;
- get back into cooking/baking and explore new recipes;
- find THE ULTIMATE chocolate-chip cookie recipe;
- print more photos and frame or gift them to others;
- setup guest room so it’s functional and pretty;
- read more books;
- travel, photograph, document and share with others;
- stop buying cameras and other gadgets (maybe);
- listen to Grace more often (another maybe).
BOTTOM LINE — Work hard, play hard — on all accounts.